As you walk into any restaurant, the menu cover is the first thing you are likely to set your eyes on – menu covers reflect the identity of the business, the personality of the diner and must ideally be a symbol of sophistication, elegance and style. Neatly crafted and elegantly-designed menu covers are sure to catch the attention of customers and entice them into exploring and experimenting with the diverse cuisines your restaurant can offer them.
Menu covers contribute immensely to any restaurant’s branding initiatives and should be in sync with the overall creative ambience of the diner. Since everything that the guest uses or views in your restaurant can help to promote the brand, you should take extra care to design attractive and unique menu covers. Cafe menu covers are a worthwhile investment too because they help to make a great first impression about the place. Like in restaurants, the Cafe décor has to be reflected in the design of the Cafe menu covers. The Cafe menu covers say a lot about the style of the menu on offer – while heat sealed menu covers are typically used at family diners, vinyl covers are more typical of fancy eateries. The menu type determines the colors, font and writing styles you can use in designing Cafe menu covers. It is primarily responsible for the overall layout of Cafe menu covers – with a vinyl cover you can get twin pockets inside for displaying your menus but with heat-sealed covers, you can have something as tiny as a pocket menu!
Things To Remember When Designing Menu Covers:
• Research menu covers of competitor restaurants to get an idea of what your menu cover should ideally contain.
• The texture, color scheme and shape of the menu cover must be in harmony with the overall brand design.
• Consider your budget when designing menu covers-a classy leather menu cover bearing an equally classy, customized restaurant logo is a must have for a high-end formal diner.
• Menu covers must reflect the overall personality of the Cafe or restaurant – a simple-designed casual looking menu cover gives an impression of simplicity and elegance but an image-rich heavily designed flashy menu cover is typical of an eatery that promotes an adventurous theme.
• Designing menu covers means you will need to keep in mind what the menu will include. While salad bar restaurants will have cool and soothing menu covers whereas spicy joints serving Mexican cuisines are likely to use hot shades like orange and red for designing their covers.
• Remember not to create a cover that is too over-sized and difficult for guests to handle or one whose prints are too small to be read by the guests.
• Menu covers must be periodically updated to keep your guests interested and your menus updated.
Menu covers are therefore the best way to attract your customers and market your restaurant or Cafe. Updating them regularly helps to keep your guests intrigued and revitalizes your brand campaigns. Both Cafe menu covers and restaurant menu covers can be conveniently customized depending on the owner’s tastes and preferences so that you as a guest can enjoy an out-of-the-world dining experience.